Your knees are the main parts in your body that play a vital role in every movement you make from one place to move to another place. If you have problematic knees, then your movement is restricted automatically.
So, what to do when you experience pain in your knee joint?
Painkillers or probably some treatment that help you to get relief from pain. If it doesn’t help you, you should consult an orthopaedic expert immediately?
Dr Vasudeva Juvvadi is a renowned joint replacement surgeon who has a high success rate in performing knee replacement for those patients suffering from various knee problems. His passion for medicine made him one of the best orthopaedic surgeon in Hyderabad. He performs advanced orthopaedic procedures which are recognized as a benchmark in joint replacement surgery.
Dr Vasudeva Juvvadi is a senior consultant joint replacement surgeon at the Sunshine Hospitals orthopaedic department. He possesses immense 11 years of experience in treating severe orthopaedic conditions irrespective of age. He is the qualified Orthopaedic Surgeon from JJMMC Davangere RGUHS Bangalore along with fellowship training.
Knee Replacement Surgery in Hyderabad
There were several reasons that can cause joint pains. Here are some of the common conditions facing by many people that leads to severe complications where a knee replacement surgery becomes necessary.
- Obesity: It is one of the most common causes where your knee joint gets affected by a large extent. In this condition, the entire weight of your body falls on the knees and creates added pressure on the knee joints leading to problems like stiffness, inflammation, and damage of the knee cartilage etc. Over time it might need for a knee replacement surgery.
- Osteoarthritis: It is an age-related condition where the knee cartilage to wear off with increasing age that damages your knee bones overtime. Stiffness and intense pain are the two common symptoms seen in this condition. Usually, it occurs in people of age over 50, which ultimately requires a knee replacement.
- Rheumatoid Arthritis: It is an autoimmune disorder where the protective cells in your body attack the healthy cells by mistake. This might affects any body part and bones are the most affected. This condition causes pain, stiffness, inflammation and swelling around the knee joint due to the damage of articular cartilage.
- Trauma: If you’ve had a severe knee injury that affected your knee joint, probably fractures, you might have damaged tendons and ligaments damaged. Over time this may lead to damage the cartilage in your knee, causing a lot of pain and stiffness.
- Post-traumatic arthritis: This is a condition caused after a severe knee injury. Fracture to the bones surrounding your knee joint or tearing of knee ligaments might damage the articular cartilage causing pain and limiting the functions of your knee.
There are a lot more other conditions that cause damage to your knee. However, there are different procedures to treat various knee problems. Below are the popular knee surgeries performed by Dr Vasudev.
What Is Knee Replacement Surgery?
Knee replacement surgery is a surgical procedure called knee arthroplasty in medical terms. The procedure involves removing the damaged part of the knee joint and replacing it with artificial knee joints. These artificial joints are specially designed with metal or plastic to function as naturally as a natural joint.
Best Knee Surgeon in Hyderabad
Total knee replacement is a complicated surgical procedure where the surgeon removes the damaged cartilage and the bone from the knee joint and replaces it with artificial components. These synthetic components stimulate cartilage and promote smooth joint functioning with the other tendons and muscles in knee joint place.
Partial Knee Replacement(PKR):
PKR is also called as unicondylar knee replacement(UKR) or unicompartmental knee replacement. A partial or UKR surgery is the procedure where a small part of the cartilage is replaced with an artificial part made of plastic or metal prosthesis. PKR is not as complex as a TKR(total knee replacement). It even preserves the natural bones and is performed by making smaller incisions to minimize blood loss and pain too.
Patella-femoral arthroplasty or Knee cap replacement:
It is a procedure in which your surgeon replaces the trochlea and undersurface of the knee cap. This is an ideal procedure for patients who are suffering from knee injuries rather than those with osteoarthritis.
Complex or revision Knee replacement:
When your arthritis condition becomes severe, then revision knee replacement procedure can be helpful. The artificial implants consist of an elongated stem to fit into the bone cavity. In such cases, your surgeon may replace the bones using extra pieces of metal that have become brittle due to arthritis, weak ligaments or a badly damaged or deformed knee etc.
Commonly Treated Knee Conditions:
These are some of the conditions treated by Dr Vasudev, and to know more about your condition book an appointment:
- Meniscus Tears
- Patellar tendonitis
- ACL, MCL, PCL or LCL tears
- Knee Instability
- Patellofemoral Syndrome/Chondromalacia
- Baker’s cyst
- Biceps Femoris Insertional Tendinopathy
- Hamstrings Tendinopathy