Your hip joint is one of the most stable joints in your body, that means it doesn’t get dislocated. It is responsible for maintaining your body balance. It also bears your upper body weight while moving and when you are stable. The hip joint is responsible for the upright posture in humans, which differentiates from other primates. Naturally, your hip joint ‘ages’ over time and sometimes it ages earlier due over functioning of the joint. As a result, it causes hip pain, movement difficulties or even staying still etc.
Medical technology has far developed and found a solution to treat even the most degenerative hip joints in the form of Hip Replacement Surgery. If you are suffering from hip pain, it’s better to consult an Orthopedic Surgeon near you. At Dr Vasudev’s hospital, he successfully treated hundred’s of patients with hip pain.
Total Hip Replacement Surgery in Hyderabad
HIP replacement surgery which is also called hip arthroplasty is a surgical intervention where the decayed or diseased tissues of the hip joint are replaced with the prosthetic implants made of metallic or plastic elements through the hip prosthesis. Usually, it is performed when other treatment failed to improve the pain caused due to various conditions. This is one of the common orthopaedic procedures in the world, and Dr Vasudev Juvvadi has expertise in performing hip arthroplasty successfully.
Here are some of the common conditions that might lead to hip replacement surgery.
- Arthritis: Arthritis is a condition where the HIP bones are inflamed completely and damages the cartilage. In this condition, the pain increases gradually and becomes difficult to move. Osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis are common arthritis types seen in older adults. However, it also affects younger people.
- Bursitis: It occurs when the bursa (a fluid-filled sac that reduces friction between the bones) gets inflamed. It might happen at any age due to overuse of joints or excess pressure on your hip.
- Tendinitis: It is a condition caused due to inflammation and irritation of the tendons surrounding the bones, and it is quite a common issue.
- Avascular Necrosis: It is a condition caused as a result of restricted blood flow to the bones. The bone tissue will die due to lack of blood supply. The condition can affect any bone, but the hip joint is most affected and might require a hip replacement.
- Hip Fractures: These Hip fractures are commonly seen in older adults and in people who have chronic osteoporosis. The bones in the hip joint might become fragile and brittle, leading to fractures.
- Strained muscles or tendons: Sometimes, strenuous physical activities build extra pressure on the muscles around the hip. This excess pressure strains your muscles and tendons, leading to pain and obstructs the functioning of your joints.
- Cancers: Tumours or cancers to the hip bones can damage the joints causing joint pains and stiffness and some other problems if not treated in time. In some severe complications, the hip joints need to be replaced.
HIP Revision Surgery in Hyderabad
There were different types of hip replacement surgeries performed by Dr Vasudev and will be explained to you during your consultation. The type of procedure varies from person to person based on the severity of the condition. Have a glance look at surgical procedures for a fair idea about the common types.
Total Hip Replacement: It is also called as Primary hip replacement and surgery involves in the replacement of complete hip joint or even a complete side joint of the hip.
Complex Hip Replacement: It mostly suggested for people those who suffer from obesity, muscular diseases and bone deformities etc.
Revision Hip Replacement: A revision hip replacement surgery is a procedure performed to correct previous hip replacement when the prosthesis is worn off or if the previous surgery is incorrect.
Benefits Of Hip Replacement Surgery
There are some possible advantages of Hip replacement surgery, which include:
- It reduces hip pain
- Increases mobility and movement
- Correction of hip damage
- Increased leg strength
- Improved quality of life
- Improved posture
- You to return to normal activities
- Enables you to sleep without pain
Hip replacement surgery is most beneficial when other conservative treatments can’t help. It helps you get relief from pain and to get back lost range of motions to a normal and active lifestyle. You no need to worry about the functionality of the artificial joint, Dr Vasu’s has immense experience and has performed hundreds of hip replacement surgeries. So, you can get to your normal life back under the treatment of Dr.Vasu, one of the best Hip Replacement surgeon in Hyderabad.